I have to admit I found last week’s webinar very frustrating. By the time I actually was able to log on the class had already started. I don’t know what was wrong after that but I kept being logged off and the logged back on, several time. I miss the whole discussion about the websites. I spent most of the time playing around on the udltechtoolkit website. This is a great search engine for all grade level teachers. One could spend hours looking at this site alone and find amazing and useful resources, games, and online assists for students. I found there were really good graphic organizers. It was here that I also found the kerpoof.com website. This site is really neat for making stories, movies, and picture presentations. The Starfall website and tumblereadables I found were quite low level for my junior high students and I can not see myself using these.
After class I did some more searching around on the web and I found that just like Apps there are also a gazillion literacy websites out there. After spending over one hour playing around I settled on three great interactive sites. Some of these I could even use with the junior high students. Check them out, I had a lot of fun so I am sure your will too.
Here are just three of the many websites out there:
All kinds of words games for rhyming words, site words, and word family card games. Is great for lower level not so great for junior/senior high.
This website has many literacy games. I had a lot of fun with the dinosaur games. Writing Runway is also a neat way for students to develop their sentence writing. Once again these games are for our students who are still emergent readers and writers. The DJ Cows Crossword games are also a lot of fun and I could use some of the seasonal ones with my junior high students. Check it out the cow does a great dance at the end.
The Scholastic’s website is full of literacy games and supports. Most of the activities I found there are for elementary. However, the esperanza storybuilder is interesting. I could use this with my grade 9 students to write culture stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment