Friday, October 14, 2011

Apps, Apps, and More Apps

Tonight’s class stared with the sharing of classmates Reading Task Analysis. As I mentioned in my last weeks blog, it is amazing how different the design and flow of each task analysis is. However, when you look closely at each representation of the reading process there are similar processes that can be found. Everyone identified the processes that must take place in the brain and the importance of eye and ear function. The importance of executive functioning, memory, decoding, and comprehension could also be found on all reading task analysis.
            After the presentations play time began and we all had the opportunity to be introduced to iPod touches and had time to play with some of the games and educational programs that the Assistive Tech center had pre loaded on to the devices. The quality and quantity of games, educational assists, podcasts, lectures and information that can be found on iTunes and used with these devices is just awesome. I did not know that iTunesU even existed before tonight. This weekend I look forward to testing out various Apps and by class next week should have some posted for you to try out.
            Next week we will use online Blackboard, which is something I know nothing about, to learn about reading remediation and strategies for reluctant readers. It should be a great learning opportunity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment